Friday, April 12, 2019

28A – Your Exit Strategy

1) Ideally, I would hope to hold on to the venture and make it successful enough to pass on to my children and hopefully grandchildren. Of course however, if my business venture became successful and lucrative enough for a potential buyer to appear at the right price, anything is possible. The most likely scenario would be to stay with the business for 5-15 years and be able to sell it, maybe through an expansion to retain a paying job with the new company. I feel this would give me a good amount of money while simultaneously giving me a cushion to land on after selling or merging the business.


2) I choose this strategy because it feels the safest, and logically I would rather make a good amount of money from this business, and either come up with another, or retain a decent paying job. It would be easiest as well to sell the business once I am older, to pursue different interests or establish myself in another industry while I am still able.


3) I actually never considered my exit strategy before this assignment. The focus in my mind is on how can we make this business successful today, not whether I should sell it in 5 or 10 years. I think my exit strategy has had zero influence on my considerations for what to acquire, what resources to use, or even how I identified any opportunities.




No comments:

Post a Comment