Friday, April 12, 2019

26A – Celebrating Failure

1) In this past semester, one instance where I had experienced a failure is completing a series of assignments correctly for one of my courses. It was separate assignments, and within each there was a description for what to do, but there was also a separate rubric that had other parameters. In every assignment I had either done something incorrectly, or I had missed something that was on the assignment description, but not in the graded rubric.

2) What I learned firstly was to rewatch lectures for any mistakes I may have made. Second was to thoroughly complete the assignment and include each and every step I had done to find my results. I showed my work on the later assignments and formatted it to be extremely easy to read. 

3) What I think about failure is that it happens to everyone, and it is something to learn from. Failure from trying to improve is something to be fine with, but failure for lack of effort or wrong doing is not something to stand for. I think the way I handle failure emotionally and behaviorally is not too different from others. I usually will feel irritated about it, think of what I could have done better, and consider ways to improve for the future. This class has not changed my perspective personally on failure, but I would say I better understand why taking risks can be sometimes necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment