2. The unmet need that many people are beginning to have is places to eat that are totally keto friendly. The people who have this need are individuals who are currently following a ketogenic diet and want to go out and eat. This need is relatively new, due to the growing popularity of the keto diet. What people do now to meet this need is cook their own food at home, or pick very select menu items that are considered keto friendly at already existing restaurants. I would say that I am 80% certain that this opportunity exists.
3. The prototypical customer is someone who is following a ketogenic diet, whether it be for weight loss, dietary benefit, or other health-related reasons. This would be someone from any age bracket and any background.
A. One prototypical customer would be a college-aged student, looking to get fit and also try out a newer diet to see how it could benefit them.
B. Another prototypical customer is an older person who wishes to lose some weight and get healthier.
C. The last prototypical customer could be someone who is of a younger age, in their teens, wanting to try something new and also see how it could help in their growth.
4.
A. I sought out a friend of mine who has done keto in the past, and asked them several questions regarding the keto diet and keto restaurant options. They first explained that it was somewhat difficult to find a totally keto friendly restaurant, but that there were places currently existing that did serve ketogenic individuals very well. They stated that they experienced this need only when they were needing to find somewhere to eat at. They only had the need during the time that they were in ketosis, which for them was 6 months. They addressed the need by finding restaurant menus online and deciding beforehand what they were going to eat. They felt it would be an improvement to have a keto restaurant versus what is available now.
B. I consulted with a friend of my parents who had been interested in doing keto to help with weight management. I asked them what difficulty it would be to eating out while on keto, and they said as someone who hasn't been in keto yet, that it seemed tremendously difficult to find a totally safe place to eat at. They felt however that it was not of the upmost importance to find a restaurant since it was only when they would like to eat out, which is sparingly. They felt that one way to mitigate how hard it can be to find keto food at a restaurant is to search menus and reviews and see what they have to offer. They felt it would be a benefit to have a safe and easily accessible restaurant to eat at.
C. I spoke with a friend of my little brother's who I told keto about to help him lose weight, and he has been doing it for a couple weeks now. He said that he prefers not to go out and eat because of the hassle it can be. He said he only has a need to go out and eat whenever his friends also want to go out to eat. Usually he just stays home however or cooks food before hand and brings it with him. They feel that this would be a good solution for people on keto wanting to eat out.
5. Overall, I feel very strongly about this opportunity. I think it can become a successful restaurant, and more importantly, be one that is serviceable to many people interested in this diet.What surprised me the most was that everyone seemed to agree that it would be far easier to have a purely keto restaurant, since many places will include heavy carbs as a side or main dish.
6. ^^^^
7. I believe that the entirety of my original opportunity still remains after speaking to a few possible customers. I also think that my opportunity is still 100% accurate in regards to how I envisioned it when I started. There is a definite trade-off however for entrepreneurs when it comes to adapting towards customer feedback. I feel that nearly all of what my prototypical customers told me falls in line with what I envisioned originally.
I think your idea is interesting. It definitely could be something that might be needed in a couple of years but it might be way too niche for a time like now. Restaurants are just now starting to offer gluten free options and that has been around for a long time and I have only been to one or two gluten free restaurants. Keto restaurants could be a thing in a couple of years but maybe not yet.
ReplyDelete