Friday, January 18, 2019

2A - Bug List

1. Shopping at Trader Joes when it's busy because there are too many people to move comfortably.
Why - The store itself is not very large.

2. Calling Financial Aid Offices and waiting for a long time because they don't have an available caller.
Why - They do not have enough staff working the telephone lines.

3. Not being able to drive through campus during the early morning to mid-afternoon.
Why - The buses/facility workers all need totally empty roads.

4. Having to wash other people's dishes in the sink just so you can wash yours.
Why - People can be lazy or forgetful about when or what they ate.

5. When the servers at Grill Fresh decide not to load up your entree and give you less than expected.
Why - They think they're making a huge difference for the company and generating a profit.

6. Publix is so much more expensive than other grocery places, despite not being healthier or better in any way.
Why - Publix brands itself as high quality, luxury grocery.

7.  When you have a screen protector and case for your phone, but it cracks the actual screen regardless.
Why - The phone was already compromised, or the protective casing was faulty.

8. Hearing people talk about how they really dislike children for a variety of reasons
Why - I have no idea why except maybe they wish humans were born adults.

9. There are not enough bus routes that go north and south on 13th street
Why - They figure that people can catch multiple buses to go up and down 13th

10. When you call a friend and they don't answer, but instead text you asking what's up.
Why - They might be busy or not wanting to talk

11. When you are behind a bus and it stops at every stop.
Why - It's doing its job.

12. That if you don't drink it can be kind of boring to go out
Why - Everyone gets drunk and the activity itself is fun with friends

13. That marijuana still is not recreationally legal in the state of Florida
Why - The ballot has not become available yet to vote on

14. That UF doesn't have real restaurants on campus instead of just fast food places
Why - It is cheaper and more lucrative for both UF and the fast food companies.

15. It's dangerous to ride a scooter in a lot of Gainesville even though it's very convenient
Why - The speed limit on a lot of roads is too high for most scooters to keep up

16. When my internet connection slows down randomly
Why - Some days the connection speed is better than others

17. My athletic shoes begin to wear out after some use
Why - They are not very durable and were made to eventually wear out

18. When your teachers take an abnormal amount of time to finish grading big assignments
Why - They have other obligations or even more assignments from other classes to grade

19. Everything in the UF bookstore is far more expensive than if you bought it on Amazon
Why - UF is trying to sell high and make money by any means necessary

20. When I come back from vacation break to Gainesville and realize I forgot something I needed
Why - I was busy packing up my other stuff and neglected to remind myself of the other thing I needed

Overall, I did not find it a total challenge to create my bug list. Some things took a bit of time to realize, but for the most part I felt that a lot of my bugs just came right off the top of my head.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicholas,

    I can relate to way too many of these bugs, especially the Grill Fresh and Trader Joe ones. There is nothing worse than showing up to Grill Fresh starving, and the employees basically give you a snack-sized portion. As far as Trader Joes goes, never try and show up on a Sunday. I seem to make that mistake every week…Overall, you did a great job expanding on why those bugs exist too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicholas,
    Some of these bugs are things that really bother me too. The one I can relate the most is bug number two because every time I call the Financial Aid Office they don’t pick up. You did a very good job specifying your bug and telling us why in brief manner. However, for future assignments remember to elaborate on your explanation.

    ReplyDelete