Friday, January 18, 2019

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story


Image result for Car wash cambridge band high school georgia


One time I had been exposed to entrepreneurship was during high school when our band needed to figure out creative ways to raise money for our trips. We decided that we could do a Saturday car wash, and set prices that would be good enough for people to want to support the school and also have their car washed. We had done other various fundraising activities prior to this one, such as going door to door and selling discount cards for different companies in our community. It was overall a good experience, and we were able to raise a decent amount of money from it as well. I would also add that because of the laid back atmosphere during the car wash, a lot of us felt that hosting another one maybe later in the semester would be equally profitable and enjoyable. This was essentially my closest exposure to anything related to entrepreneurship.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicholas,

    I really enjoyed your post. Although I never participated in a car wash in high school, I understand how fun and fulfilling raising your own money for school events can be. This seems like a great way to not only fundraise but to get to know your classmates better. The car wash sounds like a great source of exposure to entrepreneurship and different aspects of business overall.

    ReplyDelete