1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The book I chose to read for this assignment is The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki. The main theme of this book was teaching you use techniques and methods in ways that you could increase your exposure on social media.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
The book was able to connect with our learning material in ENT 3003 by explaining the importance of creating interest in your page. For our class this can be compared to reaching out to customers in order to generate business and sculpting the image of how we want our business to be perceived.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
An exercise that I would design for the class based on this book's information is have each student create a Social Media page on either Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Next is having each group of students look at everyone else's assignments in the group, and rate which one they find to be the most captivating.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
The biggest surprise for me when I was reading this book is how serious potential employers are about what content is seen or distributed on someone's social media. I do not use social media much if at all, so it was not ever something I was worried about or considered.
The book was able to connect with our learning material in ENT 3003 by explaining the importance of creating interest in your page. For our class this can be compared to reaching out to customers in order to generate business and sculpting the image of how we want our business to be perceived.
An exercise that I would design for the class based on this book's information is have each student create a Social Media page on either Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Next is having each group of students look at everyone else's assignments in the group, and rate which one they find to be the most captivating.
The biggest surprise for me when I was reading this book is how serious potential employers are about what content is seen or distributed on someone's social media. I do not use social media much if at all, so it was not ever something I was worried about or considered.
HI Nicholas! I think social media is becoming more and more important to the employer. People are no longer just worried about the reputation of the company as a whole, they are worried about the reputation of the people working there. The easiest way to assess that is through social media. I know I find it very odd when someone I know has zero social media presence and I am sure customers feel the same way.
ReplyDelete