Friday, March 1, 2019

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?


1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.

I think what makes me truly unique is

  • my ability to problem solve.
  • make connections between different elements that may not be easily recognizable.
  • make methods and processes more efficient.
  • my proficiency in writing and language.
2) Interview the five people who know you the best. 

https://soundcloud.com/user-557220819/interview-1-mom

My first interview was with my mom, and her reply to the prompted question was that I was a focused and calm individual who worked through any pressure.

https://soundcloud.com/user-557220819/interview-2-robert

My second interview was with my step-dad Robert. He felt because of my tumultuous upbringing that I had a unique fortitude for life and differed in my views from others.

https://soundcloud.com/user-557220819/interviewjacob

My third interview was with my brother Jacob. He answered that I was not someone who beat around the bush, I did things straight away, and am an honest individual.

https://soundcloud.com/user-557220819/interview-with-joe

My fourth interview was with Joe, my old roommate. He said that I was very determined in everything I do, even if I was not the best per se. He said I have an eagerness for work and learning and am a go-getter essentially.

https://soundcloud.com/user-557220819/interview-4-chrissie

My last interview was with Chrissie, my friend from high school. She said that I was hard-working and that I also try to learn a lot from whatever subject I am focusing on.

3) Reflect on the differences.

I think there were some differences between how I see myself and how others see me. I think that what causes these differences is how I operate, versus how people actually see me operate. I would say my interviewees are correct about me, and the biggest correction I would make to my list from part 1 is that I would add I am determined. From what everyone else stated, I have a focus for my work, and a determination to get things done right the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Nicholas--

    Great job on the post. Your interviewees speak very highly of you. Your hard working attitude seemed to be a recurring theme which is very good. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicholas,
    I like how you interviewed your close friends and family through soundcloud, I did that too. It seemed that a lot of qualities that they describe about you are similar, like how they say you are hardworking, determined, straight forward, etc. It seems like you have great friends and are close to your relatives in the way they describe you. Great post!

    ReplyDelete